Tuesday, May 5, 2009

so I'm a little behind...

OK, OK, I know I said I was hoping to have my online jewelry store up and running by now, but I'm running behind. As you can see I've been busy making lots and lots of bracelets...I just haven't had time to take proper pics and get the stuff listed. But I will soon, I promise.



After working for a while, I began running out of ideas. So I turned to an odd place for inspiration...album covers. I love album art. It's part of the reason I was so reluctant to join the 21st century and download albums instead of buying CDs...I just like the pictures. So anyways, here are a few of my "inspired" pieces...

This one was inspired by the shirt Cara Dillon is wearing on the cover of her Hill of Thieves album.



I really liked the turquoise color of Julie Fowlis' album Mar a Tha Mo Chridhe so I started from there. The English translation of the title is "as my heart is" so I decided to add a crystal heart charm. It looked weird with just the pink heart so I incorporated a little more pink into the bracelet and I was surprisingly pleased with the results. I may end up keeping this one for myself.



Last but not least, the oh-so-inspirational Laughing Girl album by Jenna Reid. I named my blog after it. I named my store after it. Now, I have a bracelet inspired by it. The combination of orange and bright pink is a little odd, but I like it, and the black gives it an edgy look.

No comments:

Post a Comment