Friday, May 22, 2009

If I could turn back time...

Clearly I'm feeling nostalgic for days gone by lately. Lil' J is off to Kindergarten this fall and I'm not quite sure how I'm gonna feel about her not needing me any more. It's kind of sad. I've been watching her since she was 6 months old, 5 days a week at first, then 3 days a week the last 2 years so she could go to preschool 2 days a week. Now she's a big girl...5 years old!...and while I'm glad to be able to move on and do something else with my life, sometimes I just wish she wasn't growing up on me, that I could turn her back into a baby and do the past 5 years all over again.

We've had a lot of fun over the years. I've been going through old pics and remembering all the good times, and I noticed something...I tend to take some of the same pics, year after year, especially at the playground. I love looking at them and seeing how she's changed and grown (and how my photography skills have improved!), even if it does make me a little sad at the same time.



top left - 2006, age 2 top right - 2007, age 3
bottom left - 2008, age 4 bottom right - 2009, age 5




top - 2007, center - 2008, bottom - 2009



top - 2006, center - 2008, bottom - 2009









No comments:

Post a Comment